What’s an Nginx reverse proxy?
Most enterprise architectures use a single, reverse proxy server to deal with all incoming requests.
The proxy server then inspects every HTTP request and identifies which againend system, be it an Apache, Tomcat, Categorical or NodeJS server, ought to deal with the request.
The reverse proxy then forwards the request to that server, permits the request to be processed, obtains a response from that againend server, After which ship the response again to the shopper.
An Nginx server configured as a reverse proxy serves this carry out.
What are The advantages of an Nginx reverse proxy setup?
The advantages of using Nginx as a reverse proxy embrace:
- Consumers entry all againend assets by way of a single internet tackle.
- The reverse proxy can serve static content material, which reduces the load on software servers Similar to Categorical, Tomcat or WebSphere.
- The Nginx reverse proxy can navigate by way of firewalls that shield againend assets.
- The reverse proxy can act as a cache or buffer To Scale again latency.
- Consumer entry administration is significantly simplified with a single level of entry to your website.